Sullivan Environmental Consulting, Inc. performs dispersion modeling to support permit applications, e.g., Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permits, state air permits, and modeling to support Title V.
Obtaining the necessary air quality permits to construct or modify a facility can range in difficulty from routine to extremely complex. Complications arise in situations where there is difficulty demonstrating compliance with national ambient air quality standards, state air toxics guideline values, or increments. In difficult situations such as these, experience in emissions assessment and dispersion modeling analysis is critical for successful and cost-effective consulting support. The staff of Sullivan Environmental is highly experienced in dispersion modeling analysis:
- Two Certified Consulting Meteorologists with over 40 years of experience each specializing in air quality analysis.
- In depth experience with AERMOD and CALPUFF to support refined modeling.
- Conducted two highly complex SIP analyses (steel mill operations in the Pittsburgh area and two adjacent cement facilities in Iowa) through the use of innovative modeling methods.
- Developed and implemented refined background treatments that removed bias in the background term and produced a major cost savings to industry.
- Developed the EPA TOXST model to allow for more refined analysis of acute exposures to toxic air pollution.
- Refined analyses of unique conditions such as building downwash effects, complex meteorological conditions, and the use of Monte Carlo treatments in exposure assessment.
- Sullivan Environmental is affiliated with firms that specialize in emissions assessment, air pollution control evaluation, permitting issues, and other engineering skills needed to provide comprehensive air quality support.